What IP address range is Courier using (to whitelist the IP range in Mailgun)

Hi there,

I want to use the Mailgun integration. For the setup I need to add an IP (range) to Mailgun’s whitelist.

Can you tell me which IP address range Courier uses for sending email notifications via Mailgun?

Thanks,
Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you trying to configure Mailgun so only certain IPs can connect to the Mailgun API? I’m familiar on MG’s IP Allowlist where you can set specific IPs to have access to your account. However, I’m not aware that it’s required for setup.

To set up Mailgun with Courier, you only need a Mailgun domain, API key, and ‘from’ address. The first two can be found here.

As far as I know, Courier does not provide an IP address range for any kind of email integration, but I can double check with my team!

Thanks again for reaching out Martin.

Hi Rodrigo,

thanks for your quick follow-up.

I’m familiar on MG’s IP Allowlist where you can set specific IPs to have access to your account. However, I’m not aware that it’s required for setup.

Yes, I’m talking about the IP Allowlist. You are right, it is not necessary to set it up, but in my company it is setup and we can’t disable this setting for internal reasons.

If you could follow up with your team that’d be great. We’d really love to use Courier in our company!

Thanks,
Martin

My pleasure Martin. Always happy to hear our developers love using Courier!

So we’re hosted on AWS, and thus cannot provide an IP range in the form of an allow list.

AWS provides some affordance to this, but you would have to subscribe to and update the changes yourself.

Hope this provides some clarification, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!

Got it, fair enough! Thanks for the AWS link, that’ll allow us to keep the ranges up-to-date in Mailgun.

Cheers to the great support, quick and on point!

Thanks Rodrigo & the Courier team

1 Like