Gmail Integration is totally bugged, I can’t authorize a gmail account using Courier.
It gives me an error:
The Gmail integrate page is also bugged, since it does not allow me to add a gmail account. It goes through the whole process of authorizing Courier for sending emails but then I cannot see it on the connected accounts
Note also that I cannot see Courier on the concerned Gmail account’s third party access apps.
See here my integration page.
This is after I have completed the process of authorizing Courier with my gmail account (also checking the “Send emails on my behalf”). I cannot see Courier in my Google Account third party apps either
Hi @osama thanks for reaching out!
Would you be so kind to provide some more details on this error? Some follow up questions:
- Are you sending these messages from the test environment?
- Are you providing any overrides for sending through the Gmail API?
- Does Courier have permission to send messages on your behalf from Google in the admin console?
- What is the name of your workspace?
For what it’s worth, I tried reproducing this and I’m not getting any issues with Gmail. Please see below:
Please let us know! Thank you.
Hi @rodrigo thanks for the quick reply!
- No, I am using my live environment
- Nope, just simple Gmail integration
- No, Courier does not show on the admin console. Perhaps this is because Courier does not show the authorized gmail account as in the screenshot I shared in my original message?
I have some follow ups from testing around in your workspace.
I noticed that your integration page for gmail is technically ‘integrated’, but does not have an email tied to it.
This could potentially be a bug from our end with the ‘save’ and ‘integrate’ buttons. If you don’t mind, could you try doing this:
- Delete gmail integration from Courier
- Delete any permissions given to Courier from the Google admin console (if present)
- Sign out and back into Courier
- Integrate Gmail as a provider, but do not hit
save. Once you click
sign in with Google and you see the ‘authorized Gmail Inbox’ form populated with your email, navigate to a different page without saving or integrating.
Let me know if this persists in any way and we can schedule a call to go through this.
As a side note, Gmail has some limitations with rate limiting, so please be mindful that if you intend to increase your send volume, you may need to integrate a different provider.