I’m experiencing a problem with an
if statement in an automation sequence for onboarding users to our app. Our process involves the following steps:
- Users are invited to our app via text message.
- Once they download and log in, our database updates their status to
- Our sequence includes four text messages, and before each message is sent, the system should check if the user’s
onboardedstatus has changed.
ifstatement is supposed to retrieve the profile information of the user based on the recipient ID. However, it’s not fetching this data correctly.
- Regardless of whether we trigger the automation via API or directly through the studio, the process fails. As soon as it hits the control flow node that contains the
ifstatement, the user is kicked out of the sequence.
"message": "Invalid step definition"
Here’s a screenshot of the problematic node for reference.
I’ve reviewed the following documentation (and more, but the forum only lets me add two links) but haven’t found anything specific about sourcing profile information in this context.
- Is there a specific method or syntax required for fetching user profile data in control flow nodes?
- Could there be an issue with how the recipient ID is being passed or used in the sequence?
- Are there known issues or limitations with the
ifstatement in Courier’s automation sequences that I should be aware of?
Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as this issue is critical to our user onboarding process.